Monday, June 22, 2009

Mahoney drops out of Leg race

TROY – Jack Mahoney, a former city councilman, dropped out of the race for county Legislature, Monday.
The Democrat was running as part of the six person ticket in District 1, which includes the City of Troy.
“I find you have to be a politician to be in politics and to get anything done you have to be a member of one of the major political parties, Democrat or Republican,” he said. “So, while I appreciate the support they offered me I’ve always wanted to be my own voice so the best thing for me to do is drop out of the race.”
Mahoney ran with the Democrats when he served on the council but was endorsed by the GOP to run for Legislature. It remains unclear who the GOP will get to take his place since petitions are already on the streets.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home