Thursday, June 4, 2009

Rosamilia is running for the Legislature

TROY — The Rensselaer County Democratic Committee endorsed Lou Rasamilia as a candidate for the Rensselaer County Legislature to represent District 1, which includes the city.
“I would be honored to serve on the Rensselaer County Legislature and believe that with my professional experience and years of community involvement I can make a real difference,” he said. “I want to give back to the community that has given my family and me so much support and friendship all these years.”
District 1 is represented by six legislators who all run citywide.
Rosamilia has been a professor of accounting at Hudson Valley Community College for 36 years and is often consulted to review and contribute to accounting textbooks. For 18 years he has served as a union representative for the Faculty Association at HVCC and has been vice president, treasurer and delegate at large.
He started his career teaching at LaSalle Institute where he also was the athletic director.
The graduate of HVCC and SUNY Albany has been married to his wife Peg for 40 years. They two are life long residents of Rensselaer County.
“I hope to offer my insights into programs involving youth, veterans, and the elderly, and also the STOP DWI Program,” he said in a statement. “With my professional background, I will take an active role in the budgetary process. I feel I can bring fresh new ideas and positive energy that would benefit Rensselaer County residents.”
The county committee endorsed six candidates but former Councilmen Frank LaPosta and Dan Doran, upset with the nominating process, decided to toss their hats into the ring and if they follow through it would be an eight-way candidate for six seats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home