Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Democrats join together to back Mantello

9/21/11 - PRESS RELEASE:

TROY, NY – A group of Democratic voters in the City of Troy have formed a coalition in support of Carmella Mantello for Mayor of Troy. The core group consists of more than a dozen registered democrats.

The early members of the grassroots coalition consist of the following Troy Democrats:

Matt Blaauboer

Donna Clement

Barry Considine

Damien Constantine

Fran Duffy

Leonard Duffy

Wayne Foy

Diana Malkonian

Craig Mantello

John Rehonis

Ronald St. Pierre

Joe Strain

Emilio Thornton

Bob Yasier

Patricia Yasier

Rosann Yaiser


Damian Constantine said, "I am a Democrat, but I always support the best person to represent me, regardless of political party. Carmella brings a fresh perspective and the energy needed to keep Troy moving forward."

Wayne Foy said, "This election is not about party labels. It is about who is best able to lead our City. Carmella has the vision and experience to make Troy an even better place to live.

Barry Considine said, "I have seen the work Carmella did when she was the head of the Canal Corporation. She helped to revitalize a number of communities and their waterfronts. She can do the same for Troy."

Emilio Thornton said, "For me there is only one choice in the race for Mayor. Carmella Mantello has a true passion for Troy, where she was born and raised. I like her ideas and I know that she will work hard to improve the quality of life in all of our neighborhoods."

“Since our campaign began I have worked hard to gain bipartisan support for my run for Mayor. Our message is resonating with all the people of Troy and much like my experience as Director of the Canal Corporation and the Hudson Valley River Greenway, I am building partnerships and working with people regardless of political party. I intend to do the same as Mayor,” Mantello said.

Anyone who wishes to join Democrats for Carmella can stop by the campaign headquarters located at 115 4th Street or call 238-3585.

Mantello, a lifelong resident of Troy, is former Director of the New York State Canal Corporation and Executive Director of the Hudson Valley River Greenway. She and her husband Paul Laviano are raising their two sons, Paul Jr. and James.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home